GIFF relies on the support of volunteers to help run events throughout the year. Volunteers ensure the best film-going experience possible for our patrons, filmmakers, jurors, press and international attendees. As a non-profit organization, we are grateful for our volunteers. GIFF would not be possible without your hard work and dedication.
If you would like to volunteer for GIFF events and other assistance, please APPLY BELOW or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
All volunteers must be 16 years or older. Volunteers who work parties or special events must be 21 years or older.
GIFF Volunteer Expectations
- Certain information that you are privy to as a volunteer must be kept confidential
- Review the mission and background information about GIFF, as well as events, venue locations and membership levels so that you have an understanding before your volunteer shift begins
- Be polite, friendly and as helpful as possible during your interactions while volunteering
- Know your role, your shift, your team contact, and where to find answers to questions you or attendees might have
- Show up on time, meet the commitment you have made and keep track of your nametag and t-shirt (if applicable)
- Be an ambassador for GIFF and represent the festival in the best way possible
- Dress appropriately and follow the volunteer dress code
- Refrain from eating, smoking, chewing gum, or drinking beverages other than bottled water
- Represent GIFF not your own personal agenda (no photos, handing out cards, scripts, etc. while on shift)