Christmas movies are full of unforgettable presents. They make us laugh, like Ralphie’s infamous Red Ryder BB Gun in A Christmas Story, and the hilarious jelly of the month club membership in National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation. They go terribly, thrillingly wrong, like the mischievous Gizmo in Gremlins. They break our hearts, like the necklace Alan Rickman buys for his secretary in Love, Actually, and they fill our hearts with joy and wonder like Susan’s dream home in Miracle on 34th Street.
Through our favorite holiday films, we are reminded that it is truly the thought that counts. We put together this locally sourced gift guide to help you find unforgettable presents.
- Gift Card for Maison D’Alexandre– Why not start the year off with a new do! A gift card to Maison D’Alexandre would be the perfect gift! Their team is comprised of highly respected industry veterans whose collective experience includes runway shows, editorials and celebrity clients. Visit Maison D’Alexandre at 33 Lewis Street in Greenwich!
- A Gift Set from Perfect Provenance- This store, located at 47 Arch Street in Greenwich, has an amazing selection of items appropriate for multiple people on your list! They have their own line of Italian Olive Oils & Vinegars and Candles that would make the perfect hostess gifts. Click here to visit their blog as well to get some inspiration for putting together a gift set!
- Jewelry from Betteridge– Betteridge is the place to go for a truly special gift. They have an impressive collection of jewels designed in-house in addition to a carefully curated collection from top jewelry designers and brands. Their team is available to help you find the perfect piece. Visit their store on Greenwich Ave today!
- A Rescue Dog- We are thankful that there are many amazing rescue organizations in our community including Red Leash Rescue, Adopt-A-Dog, and Greenwich Animal Control, just to name a few. If you’re looking to add a furry member to your family this holiday season, we highly recommend visiting the local shelters and rescue groups we mentioned above. If you need help, PAWS for Greenwich is a great organization to work with. They help connect rescue dogs with potential owners and can help you find a dog that is a perfect fit for your home.
- Val’s Putnam Wines- Whether you’re shopping for a party hostess or something to add to a bar cart, we know Val’s will have it. We recommend picking up some Bulleit Bourbon for Hot Toddy’s or Spiked Cider. For the wine drinkers, a classic Cabernet or Merlot would pair perfectly with your holiday dinner!
- A VIP Pass for the Greenwich International Film Festival– Enjoy a wide range of exciting benefits for the 2020 Greenwich International Film Festival. A VIP Pass gives you priority access to the parties, film premieres, and panels during the festival weekend as well as access to advance screenings and special events throughout the year!